13-year-old, Alanis Nwadire debuts her Neka Youth SS19 Collection


Following the footsteps of her mother, and sister Nancy Nwadire and Destiny Nwadire, the brains who are behind the fashion houses; Iconic Invanity, and DNA by Iconic Invanity respectively, Alanis Neka Nwadire debuts her Neka Youth SS19 Collection.

According to Neka, her new brand is about community, family, culture, and heritage. Time and effort have been put into every one of my pieces. Every design is especially drawn, and created into my very own masterpiece with the Neka Youth girl in mind. I want the clothes I create to inspire, and motivate young girls my age to believe that if you have a passion and know that you want to pursue it, then you should.”

She first debuted her youthful brand at Lagos Fashion Week 2018. Her collection featured a contrast of muted shades, yellow and deep blue creating a balance between fun, and playfulness, which is synonymous to Alanis’ bubbly character.



According to the young designer Alanis:

My choice to use Adire for my first work was partly influenced by my primary school uniform at St. Saviours School Ikoyi, a blue Adire skirt. For my choice of colors, I wanted to work with interesting brighter colors and have the freedom to have my fabric hand made locally in Nigeria to support our local artisan.

I grew up around fashion design and was mostly inspired to design through some of my friends at school who liked outfits that my mum made for me. I often came back home with an order from one of my friends, which I thought was cool. So, when I was about 9 years old, I told my mum that I wanted to have my fashion line when I turn 12, so here I am.

My fashion reflects my style and things I love, which I know my friend likes as well. We have lots of fun and playful pieces in this collection, which I enjoyed making. I hope you like it as much as I do.

See the full collection below.













Previous Post Next Post